has spanned both state and federal courts in Illinois, California, and New Jersey.
Ms. Hesse has a great depth of experience representing companies involved in the construction industry. She has advised senior management in matters involving tax, banking, government regulations, real estate, insurance, and employment and labor-related issues including representing clients before union boards. Also, Ms. Hesse has handled various litigation matters, such as mechanics liens, lease, and real estate tax disputes.
Ms. Hesse has expanded her representation to include clients in a wide variety of industries, such as, manufacturing, engineering, mobile storage, construction, and brokerage firms.
Ms. Hesse is married to Emmett A. Hesse and has three children who attend St. Joseph grade school in Downers Grove. She grew up in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and currently resides in Downers Grove, Illinois. She is a classical pianist, practices Baptiste yoga at her local yoga studio, and loves to travel.
- Capitalsource Finance, Inc. v. Dellisart-Chicago B, LLC, Cook County, Chancery Division. Prosecuted mechanics lien filed on the Staybridge Suites hotel project in Chicago, Illinois, resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Trudeau v. DMC, Northern District of Illinois, Central District of California, Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Both defended and prosecuted national litigation relating to production, distribution and product sale rights of supplements. Involved claims of contract law, Lanham Act, copyright and misappropriation of name and likeness. Wellness Publishing v. Barefoot, District Court of New Jersey. Related action to Trudeau v. DMC. Successfully briefed and argued motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Callies’ Enterprises, Inc. d/b/a Quick-Wrap Bags v. MacDonald, Northern District of Illinois. Defended action brought under Illinois Trade Secrets Act, Illinois Deceptive Trade Practices Act, and Lanham Act resulting in favorable settlement for client.
- Muguerza v. Rymer Foods, Inc., Northern District of Illinois. Defended company against claims of breach of employment agreement against company, company executives, and ERISA plans.
- Locsmondy v. Arrow Pneumatics, Inc., Northern District of Illinois. Defended company against claims of retaliation under Title VII and breach of employment agreement.
- Baldi v. Longview, Northern District of Illinois. Defended several injunctions and prevailed on motions to dismiss on behalf of company against steelworkers’ union.
- IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law, JD with honors, 1994; Moot Court Society, Member
- Northern Illinois University, BA with honors, 1991
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1994
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1994
- United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 1994
- Garelli, Grogan, Hesse & Hauert; Partner, 2010-present
- HVAC Consultants, Inc.; HVAC Mechanical, LLC; and HVAC Fittings, Inc.; General Counsel, 2003-2010
- Shefsky & Froelich; Partner, 2001-2003; Of Counsel, 2003-2010
- Shefsky & Froelich; Associate, 1997-2001
- Williams & Montgomery; Associate, 1994-1997