Prior to joining the Firm, Bob served as associate general counsel of the IDFPR, where he worked on behalf of the Department to ensure compliance with both state and federal laws, including the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation Z, the Truth in Lending Act, RESPA, and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
He was also involved in guiding both the Department’s and the State of Illinois’ policy regulating virtual currency and blockchain technology. In his private practice before joining the IDFPR, Bob specialized in the financing, acquisition, and development of long-term care facilities, including all organizational, commercial real estate, and lending aspects of those transactions.
Bob earned his law degree from DePaul University and his undergraduate degree in Finance from Illinois State University.
DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, IL, JD – May 2013
Illinois State University, Normal, IL, BS in Finance - May 2009
- Handled the HUD refinancing of a $16 million skilled nursing facility; conducted and managed due diligence on the buyer, operators and sellers; handled review and negotiation of accounts receivable loan documents to Operator.
- Reviewed, performed due diligence on and negotiated a $5.5 million-dollar Mortgage Note to a skilled nursing facility owner and its operator.
- Handled the exercise two purchase options in connection with the HUD refinancing of a $6 million skilled nursing facility and a supportive living facility; conducted and managed due diligence on the buyer, operators and sellers; handled review and negotiation of accounts receivable loan documents for $750,000 line of credit to Operator.
- Handled HUD refinancing of a $15 million skilled nursing facility and assisted living facility; conducted and managed due diligence on the buyer, operators and sellers; handled review and negotiation of accounts receivable loan documents to Operator.
- Negotiated and reviewed $1 million term loan to an individual; managed and conducted due diligence and handled transfers of membership interest of individual’s interest in various entities in connection with securing collateral for the transaction.
- Handled HUD refinance of $24 million long-term healthcare facility with new construction for a healthcare company; conducted due diligence on the company, facility operator and affiliates.
- Regularly drafted organizational documents for companies in connection with HUD refinances and for new and existing lines of credit for healthcare facility operators, including: operating agreements, bylaws, manager resolutions, incumbency certificates; non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements and transfers of membership interest.
- Regularly reviewed and negotiated documents in connection with lines of credit to healthcare facility operators; advise clients on material terms and possible courses of action.
- Regularly amended and extended lines of credit for middle market firms; amended, reviewed and drafted loan agreements, notes, security agreements and guaranties in connection with line of credit extensions; conducted and managed due diligence on borrowers.