- Business Litigation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Formation
- Advisory Services
- Corporate Governance
Business litigation and employment-related disputes are a large part of our practice. Our clients include large corporations, franchisees, financial institutions, and small businesses as well as individual business owners, directors, officers, and former employees. With experience in complex litigation and strategic negotiations, we are skilled in a wide range of cases including the following.
- Breach of contract cases and disputes, including non-compete agreements and other employment agreements
- Partnership disputes
- Intellectual property cases including trade secret, trademark, and copyright violations
- Defend public and closely-held corporations against shareholder actions
- Defend directors and officers against fiduciary duty claims
- Employment-related litigation including disability, age, sex, race discrimination actions, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, and whistle-blowing
- Mechanics liens
Mergers and Acquisitions
Through our expertise, Grogan Hesse & Uditsky, P.C. provides pragmatic legal and business counseling services to clients who are acquiring, selling, reorganizing, or merging businesses. In each case, we are actively involved on behalf of our clients in executing all aspects of the transaction, including the following.
- Advise on how to structure the transactions
- Assist with “due diligence”
- Assist in securing financing
- Assist in negotiating and documenting the transactions
We advise and assist clients at every stage of their businesses’ growth, including formation. We work closely with individuals, new business owners, and existing businesses to clarify advantages and disadvantages of the different business structures. We then prepare and file the documentation necessary to protect our clients’ interests.
Grogan Hesse & Uditsky, P.C. also serves as outside general counsel to companies without in-house legal staff. In this role, we afford clients the benefit of regular and consistent legal review and input in the day-to-day decision-making process without the cost and expense associated with permanent in-house counsel. We are experienced in representing employers in issues dealing with their workforce and make every attempt to minimize exposure to legal liability. We realize the importance of healthy employee relations and assist and advise our clients with strategies to effectively manage their employees.
Grogan Hesse & Uditsky, P.C. advises public and private companies and their management, officers, and directors on the following.
- “Best practices” for boards and board committees
- Director and officer fiduciary duties and responsibilities
- Board and management issues, including conflicts of interest, related party transactions, and executive compensation
- Compliance and risk management programs
- Shareholder relations