commercial litigation emphasizes contract disputes, contested estate litigation, professional malpractice, closely held corporation shareholder disputes, mechanics lien matters, and banking law. He has tried more than 30 cases to verdict.
Mr. Garelli is believed to have litigated more cases involving the issue of lawsuit funding than any other attorney in the country. He also has been a regular speaker at conferences on the issue of lawsuit funding.
- IIT-Chicago Kent College of Law, JD with honors, 1990; Law Review, Member, 1988; Order of the Coif
- Northern Illinois University, BS in Finance, 1986
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1990
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1990
- Garelli, Grogan, Hesse & Hauert; Partner, 2010-present
- Garelli & Grogan; Partner, 2006-2010
- Garelli & Associates; Partner, 2003-2006
- Lord, Bissell & Brook; Partner 1990-1999